Wednesday, October 24, 2007
A Place Where I Can Sleep
I live in a house that has an upstairs and downstairs, and my sister and I sleep in one of the four upstairs bedrooms. We have bunk beds, and I sleep on the lower rack. Since my sister is a student at Fresno State, she throws pillows at me from the top rack only on the weekends. My lower berth is very soft and comfortable, and when I lay down no distractions of any sort interfere with my sleep, unless of course the television is turned on. If I sit doing my homework at the little student desk, which has no drawers, I sometimes become distracted by what's going on outside my bedroom window. Outside I can see in winter the snow capped Sierra mountains from the comfort of my desk, but if I stand up, I can also look out and watch people walking their dogs along the sidewalk that meanders along the creek near our house. My sister and I have decorated the walls of our room with posters of our favorite singers, including the great Hillary Duff. In my closet many stuffed animals wait for my nieces and nephews to arrive for play. I'll entertain them on occasion, but I also have my bedroom open for my nieces and nephews to play alone. My room is a refuge not only for me, but for them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment